The Wolseley’s Wiener Schnitzel
The Wolseley’s classic veal escalope, topped with Panko breadcrumbs, and accompanied with a lingonberry compote.
- If your order is for a special occasion, we recommend you select delivery for the day before you are serving it.
- Deliveries are made by a third party courier service, DPD, and on occasion problems arise in the logistics chain that are outside our control.
- You will receive a text on the morning of your delivery, this may be early in the morning. If you haven’t heard from DPD by 11am, please contact their customer services, 01212 754815.
- As the goods are perishable, DPD will only attempt the delivery once, please do ensure that someone is available to accept delivery.
- If there is any possibility a driver might have difficulty locating your precise address, please add specific commentary within the delivery details box when ordering.
Allergens: Wheat, Egg, Milk
May Contain: Soy, sulphur dioxide
For information on ingredients & allergens please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remove from packaging and set aside the container of lingonberry compote. Place the schnitzel on a board, open out, season with salt and press the loose crumbs into both sides of the schnitzel. Add vegetable oil to a large frying pan to the depth of 0.5cm and heat over a medium heat. Take a pinch of breadcrumbs and add to the oil until they bubble vigorously, then add 1 tsp unsalted butter to the pan (optional). Gently place the schnitzel into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden underneath, turn the heat down if colouring too quickly. Turn the schnitzel over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden. Remove the schnitzel from the pan and drain on kitchen paper for 30 seconds and serve.
Keep refrigerated and consume within 2 days
of delivery. Please note, this dish is not suitable for freezing.